6/12/2013

Offf Festival Mural : The Video.



The good folks at Offf Festival and Montana Colors linked me with a talented filmmaker named Quim Mas for the 3 day evolution of The Mural I Painted. He did a great job of capturing the flow of the freestyle painting and the energy of the crowd. It is a trip for me to watch the playback on a project like this. I get so lost in the moment when I am working I often forget exactly how I arrived at the final results. This particular blueprint and mural was a lot of fun because it alludes so much to letterforms (I am still pulling words out of it as I look at it now. Dozens of "almosts" in there) but it is most definitely a purely freestyle abstraction without any esoteric syntax. Watch Video Full Screen. Enjoy :)

Offf Festival Mural : The Video.

Offf Festival Mural : The Video.

Offf Festival Mural : The Video.